Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Cacti Shroom


Had a bit of an error with modeling the shrooms. I started modeling the wrong one lol, had the idea in my head to do the glowing one but I intended to do the Cacti one, so it doesn't look like much.

Here is the glowing one just for show.
I put the rocks there just to get an idea where to place different shrooms. Trying different textures for the glow ones. Putting this one to the side for now.



All work in progress so they look a little funky but hope to get them to look more pretty in the next post.

2 comments:

  1. looking nice!

    the glow ones especialy :)
    all i would say are make sure there is a line of polys just around the rim of the mushroom, just to it isnt so much of a harsh edge, and for the cacti shroom just not to model in the spines because vertex extrusion makes odd looking uniform patterns is all, i would personally make a simple 3 sided spike (separate object) and place ones random around the model at different sizes just to make it a little more natural.

    also i like how its in a small patch of many sizes of mushroom, i wasn't so sure on mushrooms first off, but i'm convinced now :P
    ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for late comment lol. I will try and have them done tonight, I do feel edgy now about the cacti shroom, I admit I extruded all the vertex points and the poly limit is way too big now so I'll try to edit that around and do what you suggested ^^b

    ReplyDelete